Protecting your home or business
The dedicated professionals at Admiral Propane are committed to providing safe propane delivery and service to our friends and neighbors in throughout our Tri-Cities service area and beyond. Because propane needs to be handled carefully, we make sure our professional service technicians know how to do their job to protect you, your family, and your home or business. We adhere to the highest industry standards when it comes to the delivery of propane and dealing with propane appliances.
What to do if you smell gas
Admiral Propane prioritizes consumer safety. Propane is used in so many ways—cooking food, running home heating and water-heating systems, running industrial equipment like forklifts and commercial mowers—that Admiral Propane wants you to know how to respond if you smell gas in your home, business, RV, camper or fleet vehicle, or in the area around any gas equipment.
Action steps if you smell gas
- Immediately leave the home, building, vehicle or area
- Extinguish open flames, smoking materials like cigarettes, and sources of ignition
- Do not use any appliances, electric switches or thermostats until you are safely away from the area where the leak is
- Close the gas shutoff valve on the propane cylinder or tank if you can safely get to it
- Once you’re a safe distance away, use a mobile phone or a neighbor’s telephone to call your propane provider and/or your local fire department
- Do not return to the area where the leak is, or try to turn on or open the propane supply valve. Give first responders or qualified propane service technicians the opportunity to check for escaped propane
- Make sure a properly trained propane service technician repairs the leak. They or emergency personnel must determine that the problem is safely resolved before anyone can be allowed to return to the area
- The propane service technician needs to carefully inspect all gas appliances and relight all the appliance pilots
- No one should return to the area until first responders or the propane service technician gives the okay
To read more propane safety tips, click on the modules below.
Propane Safety + Operation Tips